In May and August, Kumon offers families a Free Trial of its Maths or English programmes.
As part of the free trial, your child attend four consecutive class days at a Kumon Education Centre. Classes are spread across two weeks and are completely free. Students will receive the necessary materials to continue their Kumon studies at home.
“The Free Trial is good because it gives us two-weeks, multiple classes, multiple workbooks. Therefore a family and a student will get a good sense of rhythm.”
“It’s very important that Kumon becomes habitual and rhythmic”, explains Michael Hull, Instructor at Kumon Randwick Education Centre in Sydney.
Michael opened Kumon Randwick Education Centre in 2016. However, his 16-year Kumon journey started as a parent. All seven of his children have been enrolled into Kumon, five are current students.
“What I saw with my children from doing Kumon was an early increase in confidence. It was easily the first thing I saw. It emerged within weeks”, Michael says.
“They gained the knowledge that they could do maths. We began with Kumon Maths when they first started. They didn’t know what they were capable of before that and they were quite anxious; they felt they had no control over what they were doing.”
Michael’s daughter Kate is now studying materials engineering. Her sister, Lucy, is studying a combined actuarial studies and music degree. He says Kumon has taught all his children, “how to sit down, begin a task, and finish it”.
“That’s such a valuable lesson for these kids to learn”, he says.
Please contact your local Kumon Education Centre for more information.
Terms and conditions apply:
- Places are limited. Acceptance for the Free Trial is on a first-come, first-serve basis
- The registration deadline for the Free Trial varies across Centres
- Attending an information session is mandatory before your child can participate in the Free Trial
- The Free Trial consists of four consecutive sessions at a Kumon Education Centre over two weeks during May or August
- Worksheets are provided for non-Centre days during the two weeks
- Late registration may result in fewer study sessions
- Class days, operating hours and available sessions vary across Centres
- The Free Trial is available for one subject only (either English or Maths).
There is no obligation to enrol after the Free Trial.