Kumon summer giveaway!
Have you stopped to consider your family’s holiday plans for 2020? Perhaps you’re hoping to spend time on the beach? The ski slopes? Or, take some time exploring the Gold Coast theme parks? If so, would a $5,000 Flight Centre travel voucher make your holiday more achievable?
Over summer, Kumon will be offering a Summer Giveaway to all currently enrolled families. One lucky family from Australia and another from New Zealand will win a $5,000 Flight Centre travel voucher. To participate, all families need to do is stay enrolled for the months of December 2019 – February 2020.
As a secondary prize we will also offer a $100 movie voucher per region (WA, SA/NT, VIC/TAS, NSW/ACT, QLD, NZ). How great does that sound?!
At Kumon we know the value of continuous study over the summer holiday. For Kumon students, this can be a time to consolidate learning when the daily routine is less busy. We look forward to supporting your family with flexible study options that would best suit you and your children’s schedule and learning goals for 2020.
The Summer Giveaway draw will take place on 10 March 2020 and we look forward to announcing our winner on our website and on social media.
Terms and conditions apply.
KUMON SUMMER GIVEAWAY PROMOTION
|1. Promotion||Kumon Summer Giveaway|
|2. Promoter||Kumon (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 74 002 776 383) of Level 14, 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, NSW, 2067, Australia (“Kumon”)|
|3. Promotional Period||Start date: 01/11/2019 at 12:00 am (AEST)
Entry close date: 9/03/2020 at 23:59 pm (AEST)
End date: 26/03/2020 at 23:59 pm (AEST)
|4. Eligible Entrants||Entry is open only to students who are enrolled with a Kumon centre during the months of December 2019, January 2020 and February 2020 consecutively (“Eligibility Requirement”). Children of Kumon staff and instructors are not eligible for this competition.|
|5. How to Enter||Eligible Entrants are automatically entered into the Promotion during the Promotional Period.
Any person who does not wish to enter the Promotion may opt out of the Promotion by notifying their instructor, whereupon the Promoter shall withdraw the student’s entry (which shall become ineligible).
Eligible Entrants are not permitted to enter into the Promotion multiple times.
|6. Prize Details||Major Prize
The Travel Voucher will be purchased in October 2019 and will be subject to validity and terms and conditions as are determined by Flight Centre Travel Group Limited.
Total prize value is AUD$5,500
|7. How to Win||One (1) winner will be randomly drawn for the Major Prize from the total pool of valid entries.
One (1) winner will be randomly drawn for the Minor Prize for each region specified in part 6 above, from the pool of valid entries for that region, for a total of five (5) winners.
The winner of the one (1) Major Prize will not be an eligible entrant in the draw for the Minor Prize.
|8. Draw Details||The draw will be conducted at 3pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 10 March 2020 at the Promoter’s address by using a computerised random selection system established by the Promoter.|
|9. Winner Notification||The winner will be notified by a phone call on Wednesday, 11 March 2020 as well as by email. The winner’s names will also be published on the Promoter’s website (“Website”) (https://au.kumonglobal.com/) and Facebook page (“Facebook”) (https://www.facebook.com/kumonanz/) on Wednesday, 11 March 2020.|
|10. Prize Claim Date and Time||Prizes must be claimed by 3pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 24 March 2020.|
|11. Unclaimed Prize||A redraw will occur for any unclaimed prizes at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 25 March 2020.
The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by a phone call on Thursday, 26 March 2020 as well as by email. The winner’s names will also be published on the Website and Facebook page on Thursday, 26 March 2020.
|12. Prize Conditions||The Prize must be collected by the winner in person in accordance with any instruction given by the Promoter.
The Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
Use of the Major Prize voucher may be subject to availability as well as additional terms and conditions as are determined by Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. Use of the Minor Prize voucher may be subject to availability as well as additional terms and conditions as are determined by The HOYTS Corporation Pty Ltd.
|13. Permit Number||Authorised under:
– SA Permit Number: T19/1739
– NSW Permit Number: LTPS/19/38985
– ACT Permit Number: TP 19/04414
Terms and Conditions
Entering the Promotion
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant is deemed to accept these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and the Schedule. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read and are bound by the Terms and Condition and the Schedule.
- Parents/guardians of an Eligible Entrant who is under the age of 18 years agrees and acknowledges that they have read the Terms and Conditions and the Schedule, and consent to the entry of the Eligible Entrant. All parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of such consent.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, invalidate an entry if an entrant cancels or suspends his/her enrolment with Kumon such that it results in the entrant not fulfilling the Eligibility Requirement (as set out in the Schedule).
Winner and Prizes
- The draw will take place at the time, date and location as stated in the Draw Details of the Schedule. The entrants are not required to be present at the time of the draw.
- The Prize is as stated in the Prize Details of the Schedule.
- The winner will be published and notified in accordance with the Winner Notification of the Schedule. It is the responsibility of the winner to check the winner notification on the Website and Facebook.
- The winner must participate and co-operate as required in all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, for no additional consideration, and consents irrevocably to the Promoter using their name, footage and photographs in all media Australia and New Zealand wide.
- The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. The Promoter may require winners to provide such documentation as may be reasonably necessary for identification and verification of eligibility. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The winner may be required to sign a legal release as required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion prior to receiving the Prize.
- The Prize cannot be awarded to a third party. The winner must not transfer or assign their right to a third party before the award of the Prize.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- If the winner chooses not to or is unable to claim the Prize before the Claim Date and Time (per the Schedule), the winner shall be deemed to forfeit the Prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the Prize.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person (including without limitation a winner) who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- If the Prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will conduct such further draws in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize as are necessary to distribute the Prize, subject to any requirements of the relevant gaming authorities.
Limitation of liability
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including without limitation losses arising:
- while undertaking any activity in or connected with their entry into the draw;
- in the participation or use of any prizes;
- as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
- due to the publication of any material, including any statement made by any staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other persons.
Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in the transit or delivery of the Prize.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promotor’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, natural disaster, the Promotor may in its absolute discretion cancel the draw and recommence it at a later date.
- The winner indemnifies the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies against any liability, injury, loss or damage which may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with, any act or omission (including negligence) by the winner, or its use of the Prize, or its breach of the Terms and Conditions and the Schedule.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications (including duties and levies) arising from prize winnings. The entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in relation to any tax implication. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.